Finally finished (kind of)

Last night I finally finished one of the two utility benches, I’m about 80% done with the second one. To finish the top I used BLO (boiled linseed oil), spar urethane, & Johnson’s paste wax. A lot of traditionalist woodworkers will scoff about applying a film finish to a workbench, but this bench is going to be exposed to a lot more than glue dribbles.

To see some additional shots from this project check out the following posts:

  1. The design concept
  2. Welding the frame together
  3. Welding together the leveling feet mounts
  4. Rough cutting the lumber for the top
  5. Gluing-up a top
Posted in: Power Tool Woodworking
Part of the Project

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *