Making A Better Lathe Banjo Pt. 3

Friday night I finished up machining the banjos, and I have to say I’m very pleased with the results. Initially, I was concerned that the jig wouldn’t be rigid enough, but it ended up working perfectly fine. I had one minor machining related issue, and that was that the hot rolled 4140 I used to make one of the pins, machines very poorly. It was east enough to work around, it’s just one of those things that annoys me.

This is the first video I’ve done with the new mic, and I had some interference issues in a few clips. I wasn’t able to correct them in post this time around, but thanks to my buddy Doug and some testing on my part, we where able to figure out the cause so I won’t have any issues in the future. As a side note I’ve been playing with post processing audio with the Auphonic web service, and desktop application. It does an amazing job of automatically cleaning up the audio, with not real work on my part.


Reference:

Posted in: Machining, Videos
Part of the Project

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *