Glue with a side of wood

It’s been over a month since I started this project, and I have to say it’s taken a lot longer than I thought it would. Milling up all the lumber took the better part of a week. Gluing the sides together took two days, mainly because I had to do several little glue ups to make the initial side pieces. To date, this project has been a never ending marathon of gluing a block in place, and either sizing the next block or making a new sub glue up. It makes it really hard to get into a rhythm, because I have to constantly stop and wait for glue to dry.

I spent the better part of 8 hours today in the shop working on it, so rather than babbling on, I’ll just share some photos of my progress.


I used a waxed plywood jig to glue-up and size the sides.


All four sides are done, and I’ve started to fill in the middle.

Posted in: Power Tool Woodworking
Part of the Project

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *