Last week before a trip to Dallas, I finished off the end tables. They are now proudly setting in my family room on either end of my sofa. The following photos are of the end tables just after being waxed.
I love these end tables! Would you mind sharing your finishing recipe? By the way, I shared this on my site: http://woodworkingdaily.com/152/the-end-of-end-tables
Sean, The finishing regime is as follows.
1. sanding the surface with 120, 180, 220 grit sandpaper.
2. One coat of boiled linseed oil wet sanded into the surface with 400 grit wet/dry sandpaper.
4. four coats of satin Pratt & Lambert 38 thinned with 50% mineral spirits so it can be wiped on.
5. wet sanded with 1500 grit Mirlon to remove dust nibs.
6. four more coats of the thinned P&L.
7. another round of wet sanding with 1500 grit Mirlon.
8. One coat of natural Liberon Black Bison wax.
An inspiration! Beautiful work!
I will have to give your technique a try ASAP
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *